Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sesame Street Old School

Want to see Maria as a 70's street kid? Want to see a fresh-faced Bob, just after his big gig as pop star in Japan? Want to see three different Gordons (sometimes with hair!) and Susan wearing minidresses? You know you do.

I am proud to say I would have ordered this whether I had a child or not. Watching it with Naomi, however, means having to explain why everything is slightly different than in the current version (Naomi: "Why Oscar orange?" Me: "That's Oscar's...grandpa?"). Also, Snuffy's eyes point in two different directions, and Big Bird has a tiny head and a wigged-out personality.

The best part is not the episodes, but the bonus muscial numbers. "Would you like to buy an 'O'," anyone? Or the perennial favorite, "I Love Trash". Man, I love this show.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    I think I might have to come experience the old school love at you house sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I love S.S.!

    ReplyDelete