Monday, October 05, 2009

happy birthday Lance!



Lance is the third boy and the ninth child in our family. He was born on my twelfth birthday, so we are "twins". At the time, I was not thrilled (to put it mildly). Let's face it, in a family of twelve you really only get one day that is all your own, and I wasn't happy with a sibling crowding my day. However, I soon learned that Lance is an amazing guy and I am now honored that he shares his day with me. Lance is a snappy dresser, which I fully realized when he visited us recently wearing Italian loafers and a button-down shirt that still looked crisply ironed after a 10-hour road trip. He is really into biking and just bought a touring bike. He's also into food and I call him for advice while cooking all the time. In high school he carried the recipe for German pancakes in his wallet so he could make them anywhere, at any time. It was so fun to hang out with Lance this summer, I hope he will bring his Burberry trenchcoat to Portland for the weather it deserves this fall. Love you Lancer-pancer (bellydancer)!

4 comments:

  1. i love lance!

    nikki, and everyone else, you may want to check fashionably harrison (.blogspot.com) for the twin blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Belly dancer!! Nikki is right about your awesome sense of style, in fact, last night Brooke and I were discussing your many many fantastic qualities, and wondering what is with those little BYU girls who haven't jumped on that...bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-Day to both of you, I don't think one day can contain all that awesomeness. It will just have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Lance!!

    You really have your blogging work cut out for you in the fall, I'm realizing. Mom and Dad really weren't thinking of your future blogging workload when they decided to have 2/3 of their children at the same time of year!

    ReplyDelete