Happy holidays from Leaperville! In lieu of a newsletter, photo, and greeting card this year we are getting back to basics: a postcard and a blog post.
2008 has had its moments. We spent the majority of them in our hammock, built lovingly by Craig out of a spaceship (it's a long story) he created for a movie set. Parents, child, and dog all swung cozily together, suspended between Craig's garden and a very blue sky.

The hammock2008 has had its moments. We spent the majority of them in our hammock, built lovingly by Craig out of a spaceship (it's a long story) he created for a movie set. Parents, child, and dog all swung cozily together, suspended between Craig's garden and a very blue sky.
Naomi started pre-K this year at our local elementary school, a short walk from our house. She loves school; last weekend she cried because she couldn't see her friends until the next day. The school has a uniform, which has been quite an adjustment for Omi, a girl who has insisted on picking out her own clothes every day since she was two. I must admit, I am a sucker for a uniform and I think she looks adorable in her little pleated skirt.
Omi's first day at school
Craig's business has continued to expand and this year he had the opportunity to design and build several architectural-scale glass works. He is now the proud owner of two kilns and is firing daily. He continues to do organic estate gardening for several beautiful Portland properties, but when the weather is particularly inclement, he is often in his studio. He had the opportunity to attend workshops with several amazing artists this year and is looking forward to more firing and of course, slightly warmer weather for gardening.
I'm currently a senior communication designer here. This year I created an artist catalog documenting the process, inspiration, and work of a master engraver and his student, whose collaboration culminated in this exhibition. I'm also studying for a master of science degree here, in a program that is a technology-focused version of an MBA. I'm very interested in user experiences and my research will focus on experience design for arts environments.
Vienna turned six this year and is having a fantastic time walking Naomi to and from school every day. She is a favorite (and frequent) pre-K visitor and is as ball-obsessive as ever.
Vienna is six
We have lived in Portland for eight years now. This is our home and we are so glad to be surrounded by family this year: the Merrells, the LeaperLoves, and of course, Katielectric. Especially in times of economic uncertainty we gather strength from our friends, family, and community. We wish you all a happy new year.
Peace and joy,
The Leaps
Sounds like things are going swimmingly, I wish my school had a uniform.
ReplyDeleteha that alien show you sent us was so funny, the whole family was sitting around the computer.
ReplyDelete