Monday, April 30, 2007

ode to Vienna

Vienna turned five last month. I can't believe it's been that long since Tracy and Marc drove her all the way from Salt Lake City to Portland. They ended up so enamored with her that they are now the proud parents of two dachshunds themselves. Wasn't she an awfully adorable baby?

Dachshunds are my kind of dogs. A guy at the Dachshund Spring Fiesta describes them as needy yet bossy (hmmm...are people like their dogs or are dogs like their people?). That doesn't sound like a very good combination of traits but it's actually pretty lovable.

I think we need to start a Portland version of the Fiesta. Check out the wiener dog in the sailor suit: The Dachshund Spring Fiesta 2007.

Vienna excels at chasing rocks, digging holes in the beach, playing with her sisters Emma and Abby, and of course burrowing to the bottom of the bed. The dog in the video below reminds me of her.

Happy birthday Vienna!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little doggy! We visited Tracy and Marc last summer and my kids fell in love with their 2 little dogs. My kids still like to look at the pictures of them walking the dogs to the park. If I were to get a dog, I would get one of those for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday doggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I can't believe it has been that long. I will never forget Vienna sleeping next to Marc's stomach as we were driving to your house. He was never the same after that! I miss Vienna, she is so cute and much better behaved than Abby and Emma (but we're working on that. . .). Thanks for the cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete